Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Bring a car to UIUC?

sonofomegasonofomega Posts: 12Registered User New Member
I would think that there is little need for a car since most of life will be lived in the campus area. Is there any reason to bring a car? I live 3 hours away from uiuc and would want to come home like once a month.

I would not want to need a car and not have one when I own two and need to either bring one with me to UIUC or sell it since my parents wont let me leave both.

I imagine if you are in a dorm you park outside exposed to the elements.
I also believe the cost is $168 per semester to park.

thanks
Post edited by sonofomega on

Replies to: Bring a car to UIUC?

• drusbadrusba Posts: 7,807Registered User Senior Member
    You actually park outside in one of the very large parking lots where the car will not only be exposed to the elements but will also be anywhere from 1/4 mile to a mile from your dorm. A car is not necessary and you can get along just fine without one. On the other hand, a car can serve some useful purposes, suc as to take those trips home, get to some of the decent restaurants in the area, and get supplies (food, drink, etc., but you can often find someone else who has a car to help with that)