Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

University of Maryland College Park Acceptance Letters

XuesterXuester Posts: 9Registered User New Member
Anyone know when UMCP will be sending out the acceptance letters?
Post edited by Xuester on

Replies to: University of Maryland College Park Acceptance Letters

• kcmdonahuekcmdonahue Posts: 503Registered User Member
    late january
  • Soccer102592Soccer102592 Posts: 1,205Registered User Senior Member
    Isn't the deadline 1/20? They make decisions that quick?
  • syrecesyrece Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    Early Action deadline was November 1st.

I hear late January Acceptance Letters as well.
  • car143car143 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    University of Maryland will be sending out acceptance letters for early action applicants January 30th.
  • tomyo123tomyo123 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    is it better to apply early rather than later?
  • plumazulplumazul Posts: 1,533Registered User Senior Member
    If you have ANY real interest in attending Maryland, you MUST meet the Nov. 1st deadline ...
  • ginab591ginab591 Posts: 1,068Registered User Senior Member
    You are ineligible for scholarships, honors, scholars or any living learning program if you apply after the November 1st deadline. Also you will have a much lower chance of getting in and a higher chance of being deffered until Spring.
  • DCHurricaneDCHurricane Posts: 2,976- Senior Member
    When I submitted my app (feels like it was ages ago), I missed the priority deadline and still got notified in mid February.
  • katytibbskatytibbs Posts: 516Registered User Member
    I think if you apply later, you have a greater chance of being admitted for spring semester instead of fall
  • bulletandpimabulletandpima Posts: 9,826Registered User Senior Member
    Late January, but in all essence it is the 1st of Feb. Traditionally it is @ the 4-8th of Feb.

If you apply later after the Nov 1st deadline you are really chancing it because from the yrs on here I would say the April decisions are really filled as their waitlist and that is why they give spring admit. I can't recall seeing anyone stating waitlist only. They usually state fall waitlist, spring admit.

Their acceptance is different than other schools because they have freshman connection. There really isn't a true waitlist. Either you are accepted for fall, freshman connection or spring. There isn't the in or on a waitlist.

Apply RD after Nov 1st, it better be because without a doubt UMDCP is the safety of all safeties if you want fall direct admit.
  • MhonardoMhonardo Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    I have applied to UMD-cp last September and I've yet to hear anything back I look online and it says my application is under review or will be. Should I be worried?
  • MhonardoMhonardo Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    I have applied to UMD-cp last September and I've yet to hear anything back I look online and it says my application is under review or will be. Should I be worried?