Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can I apply early action without having my SAT results yet?

adambedfordadambedford Posts: 297Registered User Junior Member
I am taking my SAT in November (the 7th?) but I want to apply Early Action to increase my chances. I know that the SAT results take a few weeks to come through, but could I submit all the other materials and then send my SAT scores when they are available mid to late November and still be considered for Early Action?

Thanks
Post edited by adambedford on

Replies to: Can I apply early action without having my SAT results yet?

• DinDuneDinDune Posts: 403Registered User Member
    I would think that would not be a problem...decisions do not go out until Feb.1 and if you write a note or email to let them know that they are coming, I'm sure it would be okay.
    Good luck.
  • taxguytaxguy Posts: 6,517Registered User Senior Member
    You could certainly apply without knowning your SAT result. HOWEVER, no action will be taken on your file until all of the required parts of the applications have been submitted.

You need to understand the process: Most schools have a checklist for the application process. Someone matches up the various documents with the application checklist. Your application doesn't even go before the admission committee until all required documents are submitted.
  • adambedfordadambedford Posts: 297Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you for the replies...

Would I still be considered for Early Action though? Even without knowing my SAT scores?

I've heard that Miami is much more generous with merit scholarships with EA applications that regular decision...