Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

unique name

dddsss17dddsss17 Posts: 126Registered User Junior Member
what do most people make there unique names I was just thinking my last name or my first initial and my last name is that ok?
Post edited by dddsss17 on

Replies to: unique name

• ajhhs12ajhhs12 Posts: 206Registered User Junior Member
    yeah, that's what both my parents have (employees) and that's what I'll make mine be.
  • iloveumichiloveumich Posts: 128Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, remember that it will be your professional email, used in correspondences with professors, potential bosses, internships, applications, etc - just use your first initial and your last name. Easy to remember and no matter what, it will always look professional and mature. You really don't want to be emailing your Stats professor or English GSI from "number1wolverinefan(at)umich.edu" or something.
  • bearcatsbearcats Posts: 4,288Registered User Senior Member
    "You really don't want to be emailing your Stats professor or English GSI from "number1wolverinefan(at)umich.edu" or something. "

Why? Those who can't do, teach. No need to act like professors or GSI are any different than fellow students, and I have no problem using that email with my friends. I think a lot of times students forget the fact that we are the professor's bosses, their income comes from our money, not the other way around.

Correspondence with Potential employers, on the other hand, is the reason why you should have a professional email address.
  • UM32194UM32194 Posts: 263Registered User Junior Member
    ^LOL and your employers income comes from us spending money on their product/service... Your logic makes no sense, and you come off as someone who has something against professors.
  • bearcatsbearcats Posts: 4,288Registered User Senior Member
    hmm let's see...

Employer: university
    Employee: professors
    Employer's boss: The university's clients aka students

Employer: My employer
    Employee: Me
    Employer's boss: My employer's clients

The logic is consistent.