Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transfer after associates or apply regular?

H2whoaH2whoa Posts: 15Registered User New Member
I have a rather complicated question to ask so I apologize if I lose some of you, but please try to stay with me!
I am a junior in high school and WAS planning on attending MSU's Brad Freshman program, however, it has been eliminated and replaced with another program that doesn't really interest me. I was then considering the Ross program for incoming freshman, however, I see that it still requires you to go to college for a year and THEN apply for admission into Ross (I think, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong about that!)
I am asking because I take a lot of AP courses and am planning on having all of my GenEd/Distribution requirements out of the way by the time I get to college so that I can shave a year (or two at state!) off of my time at college.
My other alternative was to get an associates degree at the local community college (or possibly UofM Dearborn if that would be better) including all of my AP credits (which would satisfy GenEds at UofM) and all of the credits that the community college requires (which I would likely take over a summer or through the course of my senior year at HS), at which time I assume I can apply directly into Ross/Broad. This way I would be able to go straight from high school to the business program, even if it is in a round-about way.
Thanks for those who stuck with me and those who can provide advice!