Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

retaking a failed class

PredatorPredator Posts: 1,318Registered User Senior Member
Just curious, if you fail a class, and retake it, how does it work on gpa/transcript? like if you fail (an E for example = 0.0), and then retake it and get an A (4.0), does it go down as a C? (2.0)
Post edited by Predator on

Replies to: retaking a failed class

• bearcatsbearcats Posts: 4,287Registered User Senior Member
    depends on which department you are in
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 1,318Registered User Senior Member
    Ok, if I'm in the engineering school but the class I failed is an LSA class?
    why didnt you take the W ......
    It was the dumbest mistake I ever made. I should've withdrawn. It was first semester freshman year. I've spent many nights thinking about it. Oh well, can't do anything about it now.
    ask your advisor.. I know one of my friends worked out a plan to retake math 216
    Well, my class was Chem210, and I'm already retaking it right now. I'll email my advisor and see how it works.
  • kb10kb10 Posts: 396Registered User Member
    oh my god. that's exactly what happened to me. they really need to warn people about taking chem210 the first term. I remember looking this up, and everything said that you can retake it but your first class grade will still show up and be calculated into your GPA.
  • kb10kb10 Posts: 396Registered User Member
    duplicate.
  • AngelHallAngelHall Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    if you get in the 50's and your GSI knows that you were trying hard would he/she have mercy on you and give you a D-?
  • j89j89 Posts: 1,103Registered User Senior Member
    no. gsi's do not have any input in the final grades. Just the exam scores
  • blackpen2008blackpen2008 Posts: 1,359Registered User Senior Member
    Do do well in 210, you need friends who have already taken the course so they can hook you up.