Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How long does it take for an admission decision?

JamiecagoJamiecago Posts: 460Registered User Member
I was wondering how long does it usually take for the U Michigan to make a decision? A month? Two months? I applied back in late December, and all my materials were received by January 19th, and I still haven't got any results :(
Post edited by Jamiecago on

Replies to: How long does it take for an admission decision?

• blackpen2008blackpen2008 Posts: 1,359Registered User Senior Member
    It's only been one month for you. Expect at least a one more month wait.
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Posts: 460Registered User Member
    alright thanks.
  • RageRoolzRageRoolz Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    does anyone know if there is a different timeline for transfer students?because i applied for the summer(semester starts in june) and they had all my stuff feb.1st. Would it be more likely I would hear back quicker because my intended date of enrollment is earlier? if i didn't hear back until april 1st it would be a huge inconvenience. only 2 months until the semester would start!hardly enough time to get my housing situated etc considering I am not going to live in a dorm...also, even though it is rolling admissions, the deadline for transfer apps has ended the 1st of feb. so it isn't like their pile is getting any bigger...
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Posts: 460Registered User Member
    @RageRoolz Since I don't know about transfer applicants, I cannot really speak for your situation. However, I just received my decision, and it took me about a month. So my guess is, you will be able to hear from Michigan in March.
  • RageRoolzRageRoolz Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    got my decision today as well!
  • rover2rover2 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    are you transfer applicants or normal ones how did you get ur acceptance?