Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What causes a revoked admission?

school22school22 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
I was accepted back in December and was wondering how much they look at senior grades. My school is on the Trimester system and first term I received a C in BC calculus and a B+ in AP Bio. Then second term I received a B- in BC calculus and a B+ in Spanish 4. Will this cause them to reconsider my acceptance? Thanks in advance for any help.
Post edited by school22 on

Replies to: What causes a revoked admission?

• RechargeRecharge Posts: 584Registered User Member
    No. Your grades would have to be a lot worse than that for them to even consider revocation.
  • Flipper519Flipper519 Posts: 812Registered User Member
    If I got two C's (final grades) would they revoke my admission?
  • RechargeRecharge Posts: 584Registered User Member
    Highly, highly doubtful.
  • QwertyKeyQwertyKey Posts: 4,590Registered User Senior Member
    They're not going to revoke for 2 Cs.

You'd have to do very poorly for them to revoke. If you're trying, you're not going to get revoked.
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Posts: 460Registered User Member
    I'm accepted to UMich, but in 2nd semester of senior year, this is my current grade (bad ones), as of right now:

Math: F Chemistry: C- Environmental Science: F French: D

of course, by the end of this semester they will all be fixed neatly, but if you get have my grades and these become fixed on your final transcript..you WILL be revoked.

However, 2Cs won't do anything.
  • BeardiesBeardies Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    this is from the website:
    The University of Michigan expects all aspects of your academic performance and conduct in your senior year to be consistent with the record you presented upon admission. Any significant decline in your academic performance, such as three or more C's, any D's, E's or F's, may be cause for revoking admission. Declining grades or a significant change in curriculum may also be cause for revoking admission. Although senior year grades are reported directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and reviewed, it is your responsibility to advise OUA of any serious decline in grades or changes in course selections previously entered on your application. Please note that transfer students are also subject to revocation if their course work completed before the intended term of enrollment at U-M does not meet our academic standards.

It is also important that you maintain high standards of behavior and conduct. Misconduct that occurs or comes to light after your admission, such as disciplinary action at your high school/college that leads to suspension or expulsion, criminal charges or convictions, or other serious behavioral incidents may be cause for revoking admission.
  • school22school22 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Do you have the link for that?
  • javanoidjavanoid Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    I got A, B+,C+, B can my admission be revoked from yale?
    If you send your final transcript to UMich instead of Yale, yes, it is very possible that Yale would revoke your admission.

I recommend asking the people in the Yale forum.
  • BeardiesBeardies Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    on the website, go to the office of undergraduate admissions. On the left, you will be able to click on knowledgebase - ask us. Type in the key words "revoke admission" and that's where I found the info which I placed on this forum
  • javanoidjavanoid Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    I did not apply to umich, only to yale. I got in, but my final grades were A,B+,B, and C+ could my admission to the university be revoked? I got in with basically a full scholarship, mind you.
    I would say don't even bother sending your transcript to UMich if you didn't apply to UMich. They'll just be confused by why you sent it. Just send it to Yale.
  • 123abc456123abc456 Posts: 515Registered User Member
    or you can just go to the yale forum and they'll let you know
  • TheTableTheTable Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I was accepted to UofM College of Engineering in December but 3 days ago I got an email from the grade review saying that there was a "serious decline in my academic performance." I finished my senior year with one D in Calc BC and the rest were A's and B's. I sent an email as soon as I could telling them that I became too involved in extracurricular activities (which is true) and that it was a mistake taking on more than I could handle. How likely is it that I'll be revoked?
  • dddsss17dddsss17 Posts: 126Registered User Junior Member
    Not likely