I'm an incoming frosh at Mizzou and will be rushing this August. Does anybody have any advice for rushing in general? I don't know much about Mizzou's sororities because I don't live in Missouri (have lived in Indiana, then Wisconsin, then Ohio, now Minnesota) and couldn't go to Summer Welcome either. Could anyone help me with these questions:
1) What should I wear the days I don't wear the t-shirts they give everyone?
2) What questions should I ask current sorority sisters?
3) What should I avoid asking or saying?
4) What questions I should be prepared to answer?
5) What I should look out for on my visits to help me narrow down the list and pick the best houses for me?
6) How exactly does the selection process occur--I know the sororities have preferences and we put down our preferences, but I need more details--do I fill out a form every day, the last day, etc.?
7) What if the sororities I write down on the preference forms don't have me on theirs? Will I not get a bid? Do some--or many--girls not make the cut?
8) Each day, you choose less and less houses to visit--so does that mean the ones I don't visit obviously won't have me on their preference lists, and I shouldn't put them on mine---the last 3 houses I go to should be the 3 I want AND have a good chance at, right?
9) Will I be able to tell during my visits which houses are more partyish, more service oriented, academic, etc. or will I have to dig up that info on my own...I'm not talking about the stereotypes of the houses, but how to find out which ones always have the top gpa or which ones have gotten in a lot of trouble/on probation, etc because they likely won't tell you...
10) When I'm not at the houses, will I be hanging out with other rushees still, getting meals to eat, etc.? How long do the days events last--and are meals provided?
11) Should I bring a purse, water, a notebook and pen, etc.?
12) Anything else I should know or expect in general? I've got the basic info I need from the greek life/sorority websites, but I'd like to hear from those with prior experience, whether at Mizzou or another school. Thanks!