Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transfer to UNC from UNCW

panther19937panther19937 Posts: 26Registered User New Member
What would you all say are my chances of being accepted to Chapel Hill as a sophomore and do you all have any suggestions for increasing my chances. I didn't do all that well in high school but am doing well so far at UNCW and plan to maintain it.

HS GPA: 3.5 weighted
SAT Critical 690
SAT Math 590

Projected College GPA 3.8-4.0
Major Political Science
I am Hispanic

I would really appreciate any suggestions that you all have, thanks!
Post edited by panther19937 on

Replies to: Transfer to UNC from UNCW

• AbdulCCnNCAbdulCCnNC Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    Virtual lock.
  • panther19937panther19937 Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    Whats a virtual lock?
  • AbdulCCnNCAbdulCCnNC Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    1) B+ HS GPA
    2) Very high college GPA
    3) Non-competetive major
    4) Part of least represented ethic group
    5) Coming from a tranfer feeder school

Virtual lock.

Only advice: get your math out of the way as well in Wilmington. Getting an A in precal will make up for the 590 score. If you take it here, prepare for a rough ride.
    Well thats good to hear I appreciate the advice. I was considering taking Business Statistics but I'll definitely look into pre-calc. Thanks!
  • snsdgirl14snsdgirl14 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I agree, I think you have a good chance. Unfortunately, UNC prefers junior transfers over sophomores, so it's still pretty difficult to get in as a sophomore. I'd say get some good ec's/volunteering in there before you send in your app, and also write a very good essay.
    Yeah I am actually in the process right now of creating a club so I figured that would look good but thanks for the advice. Are there any specific classes that you all think I should take my second semester that would make me more competitive?