Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Urgent Question!

DancinDragonDancinDragon Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
How bad will my EA chances be if I made two glaring typos on my essays?

All other things, I'm fine.

Rank: 6/510 with heavy courseload and in competitive school
SAT: 800CR, 800M, 680W
Decent ECs and Recs

JUST MY ESSAYS. I'm growing paranoid, I really don't want to waste my parents money by the other schools I'm applying to so can some1 help me out here?
Post edited by DancinDragon on

Replies to: Urgent Question!

• 1938219382 Posts: 1,795Registered User Senior Member
    What are the errors?

Regardless, I still think you're fine.
  • DancinDragonDancinDragon Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    One error is two words in a sentence that make absolutely no sense at all:

its like: "I picked up the sentence right telephone tonight" - sentence right does not belong in this sentence

The other mistake: I mistaked there with their I think
    Also: for my resume I my have mislabelled my EC sections by putting under one name instead of volunteering, extracurricular, etc...

Im out of state so I heard its very competitive

btw. 730 U.S. history SAT II and 760 MAth IIC
  • miss independentmiss independent Posts: 409Registered User Member
    I did the same thing... when I read over my essay to send to another school a week later I realized there were two tiny typos... I thought I had read it over sooo carefully and other people had.

I dunno good luck!
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    I mean i don't think they'll see the typos and immediately trash your application, but it might put a damper on their attitude when reading it. if it's a great essay besides that, then you could redeem yourself. i mean obviously i don't actually know, this is all just guesswork. but isn't this whole thing just guesswork anyway? haha. good luck!
  • DancinDragonDancinDragon Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    thks for the responses! btw my essays were about wierd stuff, I had 1 about my grandfather teaching me how to flyswat and teh other about my mom and her not abling to handle spices
  • 1938219382 Posts: 1,795Registered User Senior Member
    How did such glaring errors get in there in the first place? Just wondering.
  • ldmom06ldmom06 Posts: 5,564Registered User Senior Member
    My d's essay had a typo. She got in, likely letter, honors program plus scholarship. Don't worry about it.