Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

UNC Scholarship Day

soyboy15soyboy15 Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
I just received a letter inviting me to UNC's Scholarship Day. I'm interested as to what goes on during the day. Anyone who's attended, I'd appreciate your feedback and/or advice!
Post edited by soyboy15 on

Replies to: UNC Scholarship Day

• packerfan89packerfan89 Posts: 474Registered User Member
    Just out of pure curiousity, do you live in North Carolina? I'm just wondering, because I am hoping I am going to get a letter too, and I am hoping that it's just taking longer for me to get it since I don't live in NC.
  • veggie08veggie08 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    hey i was also asked to come down jan 25th for the scholarship day. does this mean were accepted? i am so confused because I feel like we are going to find out whether we are accepted or not before we go down. I was just confused. What do you think? The letter seemed to suggest that they had strong interest.
  • soyboy15soyboy15 Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    I'm out of state. If we've received these letters (mine was dated Dec. 15), I certainly hope it means we've been accepted although the official notifications aren't out yet. I also received a "likely letter" today, dated Nov. 20.
  • packerfan89packerfan89 Posts: 474Registered User Member
    I'm pretty sure if you got an offer to their scholarship day, you got in. Offering scholarships to people they haven't accepted doesn't make any sense. Congrats to both of you!
  • cloyingcloying Posts: 884Registered User Member
    They'll be offering something else to you too if you go to Scholarship Day. :)
  • ANeal2008ANeal2008 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    what what?
    tell meeee!
  • airportrd69airportrd69 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Aneal2008:
    Did you get an invitation to Scholarship Day?
  • merkurmerkur Posts: 256Registered User Junior Member
    Were all scholarship day letters dated 12/15/07? Son's likely letter was also dated 11/20, but did not arrive until 12/24. Nice to get a LL, but the scholarship weekend invitation is REALLY special. Congratulations!
  • cs08carolinacs08carolina Posts: 289Registered User Junior Member
    Has anyone else received a scholarship letter? Was hoping to have found one in the mail, but no such luck? Any chance it'll arrive later?
  • NewJerseyMomNewJerseyMom Posts: 749Registered User Member
    Don't know how I missed this post. Congrats to all who received letters.
  • snozsnoz Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    Anybody In State get Scholarship Letter or are you all from out of state. What kind of stats do you scholarship letter recipients have. Thanks.
  • fanliuyifanliuyi Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I'm from NC, and I got the letter right before Christmas.
    Jan 25th, does that mean we get to skip a day of class? :)

soyboy15:
    Stats wise: ACT 33; straight As
  • italian24italian24 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Who got a reading for scholarship day??