1) One of my favorites - eating lunch in the cafeteria during slow hours and listening to people's conversations, reading the paper and looking out into the pit. Especially the dude who holds the 'free hugs' sign.
1. There's something fun to do on any given night of the week (whether it's a party or an amazing lecture or a free dinner)
2. At the beginning it can be pretty difficult to get into the classes you want; this is even worse now with all the budget cuts (despite our tuition increases!)
1. Basketball. Science programs are solid. Friends. Always something to do.
2. Same as pkp20 and cuse0507. It can be difficult to get classes you want during initial registration, but my experience has been if you're willing to put in a little bit of extra time scouring the registration system or asking to professors to add you into the class, then you can generally get a pretty satisfactory schedule. *Knock on wood*