Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Fall 2014 Applicants

SixthmoonSixthmoon Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Whose applying for admission for Fall 2014? I'll be applying as a transfer. Hopefully I'll have my application completed on Friday.
Post edited by Sixthmoon on

Replies to: Fall 2014 Applicants

• NCMom2014NCMom2014 Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    Daughter just applied yesterday...glad you started this forum. I would love to see how fast a decision is made for some people. Waiting until Jan is unbelievable. She also applied to NC State and ECU. She got her ECU acceptance in the mail already but she is really wanting to go to UNCW or NCSU. Applying as Pre-Vet/Marine Bio to UNCW. Good Luck!
  • dory123dory123 Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter submitted her application on October 4th - very excited about UNCW. We are out of state so admission is by no means a sure thing. She also applied for Marine Biology and will also be applying to the Honors College if admitted...but that's an even longer shot! Strangely enough, four of her friends are also applying to UNCW from here in SW Michigan - must be something in the air (or the impending threat of winter).

Good luck, all...
    Not a very active forum!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I think EA decisions started to come out about this time last year...
    We still have not heard anything and the online status just states "Submitted" and if they need anything else then they will contact us. I am hoping we hear sooner than Jan 20th!
  • klkl3045klkl3045 Posts: 175Registered User Junior Member
    i got my acceptance today. it is confusing me because the letter does not state whay my major is and when i checked my application last night, it said thay early action notification will begin 1/20
    Congrats to you! If you look back on the Acceptance threads from last year, this is about when they started to come out...
    Congrats! I hope we hear back soon :)
    klkl3045:
    Just as an FYI UNCW doesn't make you choose a major or a school to be accepted to like an NC State does. NC State only accepts applicants into the major that they applied to, where UNCW accepts to the school as a whole. On the application it asks what you plan on majoring in but it doesn't bind you to that major when you are accepted to the school. I hope this info helps!
  • annazee13annazee13 Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
    I got my acceptance packet today as well, however, some of my friends that applied didn't get theirs'. The website said that acceptance letters were supposed to be mailed January 20th.... why did I hear back so soon?
  • dogsrthebestdogsrthebest Posts: 256Registered User Junior Member
    Do they ever show acceptances online or is it only by snail mail?
    I think UNCW makes a decision based on the order they receive your application. You may have submitted your application before your friends. Congrats! :)
  • annazee13annazee13 Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
    I checked my seaport thing an hour before I got home and got my letter and it said that my decision wasn't available. I guess they only notify through snail mail!
    Ugh..that is frustrating. My daughters sealevel still just says they have everything and to expect a decision by Jan 20th!
    We checked the mail this afternoon and there it was! The giant teal envelope...She was accepted! I am so happy for her as this was her first choice!! Good Luck to everyone :)
  • dogsrthebestdogsrthebest Posts: 256Registered User Junior Member
    S received rejection letter today OOS. Oh well.....