Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Anyone know about Finite Math or Beginning Logic?

ringring Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2009 in University of Notre Dame
My daughter will be an Arts and Letters, Political Science and Spanish major (she thinks). Math is not her strong suit and she has heard that Calc 1 is hard. She took honors pre calc in high school and got an A in it, but she just doesn't like math. We are not sure if she should take calc 1 or Finite Math. Does anyone know anything about the finite math and logic classes? Would it be better for her to just take calc 1?
Thanks!
Post edited by ring on

Replies to: Anyone know about Finite Math or Beginning Logic?

• kevdudekevdude Posts: 683Registered User Member
    Finite Math and Logic are widely considered to be jokes. In hindsight, as an English major, my GPA would have been significantly bolstered had I not killed myself in Calc II for Business, but such is life. If she knows for sure that she is at least going into Arts and Letters, take a non-Calc math class, it'll be much easier.
  • JCoolJCool Posts: 99Registered User Junior Member
    I second kevdude. They really are jokes, from all that I've heard. If she took any math classes in high school, she should be alright.