College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
The more I am on CC, the less confident I feel in my chances....
Low income family..if that matters.
SAT II: Biology M - 760
Math II - 750
Extremely competitive public high school
GPA: 92% roughly
School does not rank, but roughly top 3%
Taking the hardest courses available (except music..)
No AP credits yet, taking 2 APs this year (school only offers 2 APs)
No significant awards
- President (founder/reviver) of business club (10,11,12)
- Co-president of student ambassadors (founder of school-wide program that awards volunteerism) (10,11,12)
- Founder of astronomy club (purely for interest and discussion purposes) (12)
- PR officer for school magazine (11, 12)
- Secretary for music council (10,11,12)
- School Orchestra (all 4 years) as well as outside of school youth orchestra (2 years).
* plays violin (until grade 11..) with (only) grade 8 RCM.
* my high school is from gr 10-12, so most of my ECs are 3 years.
- Various leadership roles in an youth organization that is part of [located in] city hall. (6-8 hours a week)
- One of the founding members and Director of Comm for an youth action group. (gr. 11) (~5hours a week)
- Elected president of a student company (an afterschool program). (~10 hours a week)
- Member of a group that select works for a magazine published by public libraries.
Teacher Recs: I have no idea, I am "writing" one of them, and the other one..well the teacher loves me. Submitting an additional rec from my EC's advisor.
Essay: Basically explaining why I got involved in my ECs..somewhat autobiographical. (I was struggling with English the first couple years in Canada..which contributed to my sub-par grade 9 & 10 mark..and my lack of ECs in those years. Do you think I should mention this in my essay?)
Thanks for reading!
Also looking for schools with good rep in the business world that would be safeR with my stats.