Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me for UPenn RD

Silence1113Silence1113 Posts: 664Registered User Member
edited December 2010 in University of Pennsylvania
SAT: 1890 (Yes I know, my failure in life...)
ACT: 27
SAT II: 700 Chem, 610 Math II (I retook chem, math ii and world History this December...grades should increase for all)
AP Chem: 4, AP World: 4, AP US: 3 (Taking AP Macro, AP Cal, AP Literature this year)
GPA: 94.3 (3.9)
EC: Volunteered at pharmacy, library. Member of NHS, MSA, SAT prep, Chess. Secretary of Chinese Chess.
Hooks: Low Income, first generation, I created and run a 3 year old forum, I'm from Africa (Egypt)
I live in NYC and go to a nationally ranked High School, which is very rigorous.

Could anyone please tell me if there is hope.
Post edited by Silence1113 on

Replies to: Chance me for UPenn RD

• paragonD6paragonD6 Posts: 196Registered User Junior Member
    im sry, but don't dream...
  • Silence1113Silence1113 Posts: 664Registered User Member
    So 0%? That's sad.
  • bindsagebindsage Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Can you retake the SAT1? The score is low.
    But since UPenn is your dream I think you should apply. Write good essays!
  • zubin1zubin1 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    infact, even retake SAT2 if u can....
    u know, u'll b against the best....
    I did retake the SAT II Math II and chem ( in addition to World) ...I feel I did better on all (and good in world), but I still don't know my results.

I could reatake the SAT but then that would be my fourth time. Should I?
  • zubin1zubin1 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    i guess, then u'r chances of improvin ur SAT1 are very low :(
    neva mind, try to excel somewhere else...
    but, it'll be really really really difficult to get in with these scores.... :(
    No I am actually certain Ill improve my SAT grade this 4th time. I was an idiot, who for 3 times entered the test without studying. I have about 2 months till the next SAT so I have lots of time to study now.
  • silence1113stfusilence1113stfu Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    yo kid, like seriously stop even trying for penn. i saw your pitiful rejection from columbia ed, and penn regular won't be any easier... just stop. consider your $75 application fee a donation.

1890 and still trying for ivy leagues? seriously it's not gonna happen bro
  • silence1113stfusilence1113stfu Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    dude seriously i think nyu is even a stretch for someone with abysmal scores like you. you're probably gonna nerdrage at me but im telling you my honest feelings. it's a waste of money.
  • bballer92bballer92 Posts: 174Registered User Junior Member
    tbh ur pretty pathetic silence creating a username just to spite the OP :o,
    stop stalking him lol.

Your scores are admittedly in the lower 25% of applicants admitted to Penn but then again your from Egypt and a first gen college student so that may help to some extent...are you applying to the college, wharton, seas or nursing?

tbh there's quite an element of 'luck/chance'... i got rejected from Penn nd my scores were a bit higher than urs :o, but i guess i got rejected coz i was an ORM whereas you aren't :P

if ye have your heart set on it then apply...its yer life to make =)
    "Silence1113stfu" is a a troll from the Columbia section. Get a life.
    Bballer: I'm applying to CAS. And sorry about your rejection, I'm sure you'll end up at a great school!
  • powerbombpowerbomb Posts: 3,364Registered User Senior Member
    Silence1113, why do you want to go to Penn?
    I love it's CAS program. I love it's history. I love the historical, academically rich aura around it. And Philly is a beautiful place to say the least.
  • powerbombpowerbomb Posts: 3,364Registered User Senior Member
    Considering your SAT scores and your painfully generic response to 'Why Penn' I would say you have a low chance. I'm not trying to be a prick...I just don't want to give you false hope.

If 'historical, academically rich aura' and 'beautiful' location are all that you're looking for, there are many many options outside of the Ivy League schools.
    It was just a quick answer. I wasn't answering you as if you are an interviewer. Usually you gloss your answer for an interviewer of supplement.