Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Penn '15 Discussion Thread

travelbugtravelbug Posts: 384Registered User Member
edited December 2010 in University of Pennsylvania
I just thought it my be nice to reserve the decisions thread for decisions and talk here instead :)

Questions? Comments? Post away!
Post edited by travelbug on

Replies to: Penn '15 Discussion Thread

• hopfulhopful Posts: 79Registered User Junior Member
    does anyone know when they are sending out the acceptance letters? :)
  • hopeful201hopeful201 Posts: 88Registered User Junior Member
    I got mine the next day. but then again I live in Philly...

but it was postmarked the 10th so they sent them out already. It's just exactly was it says online on nice paper and the to-do list.
    It was really exciting getting it =]
    it doesnt include like a packet or folder? lol
  • hopeful201hopeful201 Posts: 88Registered User Junior Member
    Nope. I thought it would.
    Like when you watch movies and the big envelope means you're in and the small letter means you're not? Haha. Totally didn't have that. I think it's because they'll just send it later since we have a lot of time until we need to actually start getting stuff ready to attend, you know?
    True
    yeah i was expecting like a big letter with a folder and a packet of information lol
  • samesiessamesies Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    I am so fing excited. I want to try to enjoy the rest of the year butttt I'm too busy deciding what college house I want to be in and figuring out what classes I want to take.

Anyone know what house they are going to try to be in?
  • candygyrl0811candygyrl0811 Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
    They'll probably send that after Jan. 7th when they have the replies back and they know who's matriculating or not.
  • daretorundaretorun Posts: 687Registered User Member
    Wait for those who already checked their portal--do we still get an acceptance letter? :D
    I really want one, just to have one!
  • lupend21lupend21 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    i have a question

what kind of grades do we have to have when we turn in our mid-year/final grade reports

i have a C in calc bc, and i'm planning on majoring in middle eastern studies. and it's just a big fat ****. haha
  • travelbugtravelbug Posts: 384Registered User Member
    ^ You'll be completely fine! I'm thinking that, especially with this year's selectivity, Penn admitted who they did because they really wanted them. I don't think one senior year C is going to change their collective mind :)

I am ridiculously excited to get the letter in the mail! And even though there's no paper packet, I had a lot of fun going through all the tabs that came with the online acceptance.
  • lupend21lupend21 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    travelbug, you are awesome. thanks for reassuring me.hahaha
  • travelbugtravelbug Posts: 384Registered User Member
    Lol my pleasure! And thanks! I'm currently suffering through BC, too, but much more happily now that I know where I'm going; I keep telling myself that a 5 on BC would send me straight to Stats next year.
  • powerbombpowerbomb Posts: 3,364Registered User Senior Member
    Who's going to Penn Previews?
  • huntsman15huntsman15 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I'm so excited! Haha, I'm going to PennPreview on April 18th so that I can be there for Huntsman Preview Day. Speaking of which, does anyone know any other Huntsmanites?

Do you guys have your PennKey yet? I want to do the online reply but can't without the pennkey...feel like I'm missing out on something. And plus, I don't want to revoke my other applications (I did a lot--didn't think I'd actually get in) without knowing FOR SURE that I have a spot!

And I feel you with BC. Definitely not as much fun as AB was (do NOT want to study for this midterm). And when I went to visit last month some Wharton kids were telling me to do everything in your power to get a 5 on BC--apparently the equivalent class at Penn is a weed out class and SUPER hard. ha. no pressure.
  • powerbombpowerbomb Posts: 3,364Registered User Senior Member
    I don't know where to retrieve my Pennkey, either.