So I'm a rising senior planning on applying to Penn early decision in the fall. Any chance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated because this truly is where I want to be! Thanks in advance!
ACT: took twice, second time on my birthday, so grades obviously lower:/ can I only submit my first set?
COMPOSITE - 33
English - 33
Math - 35
Reading - 35
Science - 28
Essay - 10
GPA: School does not rank or grade on the 4.0 scale
Weighted GPA only on website: 100.06
Courseload: highest possible
AP's Junior Year (Scores Pending): Spanish Lang, Lang and Comp, U.S. History, Bio
AP's Senior Year (not started yet): Lit and Comp, Calculus BC, Physics C, Chem, Comp Gov
Awards: Principal's Honor Roll 9-11 (99%+ Average)
Illinois High School Association Scholar Award
Honorable Mention on National Spanish Exams Levels 3 and 5, soph and jr year
Now's the fun stuff!
Sports: High School JV Swimming 9-12 Captain for the 2012 Season
Water Polo 11-12 Likely to be on Varsity Next Year
Extra: HUUGE NBA fan
- School Literary Mag: Sales Editor Soph; Editor-in-Chief Jr-Sr
- Sports Writer for School Newspaper Jr-Sr
- Student Ambassador 9-12 (help with recruitment as I go to a Catholic college prep school)
- National Spanish Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- raised $609 for Women In Need Growing Stronger (WINGS) by leading a summer block party event (plans for 2012 are in progress!)
- member of my parish's youth ministry leadership team
- usher at Church on Sundays
- teacher assistant at my brother's Montessori school during the summers of my freshman and soph years
- attended the 2012 Future Women in Business Leadership Conference at the University of Illinois
- attended a journalism workshop/conference (unsure of title) at the College of DuPage
- attended the Science Careers in Search of Women Conference at Argon National Lab
- attending the summer quarter at Stanford University (taking Calculus and Mechanics/Heat w Lab)
- summer of 2011 went on my first vacation to Europe..maybe college essay topic?
- random, but I skipped second grade so I'm also considering an essay about the pros and cons of being a year younger than most of my peers
WHOEVER GOT THROUGH THAT I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU NOW(:
Again, any suggestions on how to improve my application would be extremely helpful because Penn is definitely where I want to spend those 4 years of college life! THANKS!!