Wharton !! HELP!
My dream would be to attend Wharton undergrad at UPenn but I know it is one of the most competitive programs to get accepted into!
Based on the statistics, please give me a rough chance of whether I should even apply.
I will be applying Early Decision.
Ethnicity: Asian (ouch)
Residency: Southern CA
Mom doesn't work and my dad makes around $250,000 so I think Berkeley is a good choice since in-state tuition is only ~$12,000 (I probably won't be getting financial aide anywhere)
- 4.7 weighted GPA (rank 10 out of 700)
- 3.9 unweighted GPA
- 2240 (720 critical reading, 750 math, 770 writing) (Took it once)
- 220 (National Merit Commended and pending, hopefully become a Finalist!)
- 790 on Math II
- 760 on US History
- 3 on World History
- 4 on US History
- 4 on Environmental Science
- 4 on Psychology
- 5 on Language and Composition
(taking 5 more my senior year: Calc AB, Gov and Econ, Lit, Statistics, and Physics)
- 2 years on Varsity Golf
- 1 year on JV Track and Field (100 meter dash)
(Took 1st place on 6 of 8 regular season track meets)
- 1st place for Public Speaking I at FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Inland Conference
- 1st place at Science and Engineering Fair for RIMS County
(Yale Science & Engineering Association, Inc. 2012 recipient for Most Outstanding Eleventh Grade Exhibit)
- Founded the Centennial Investment Club at my high school
- Kukkiwon Certified 1st degree black belt
- Organized soup kitchens to the homeless areas of LA
- Been to several missions trips to Mexicali and Tijuana, Mexico
- Interned (unpaid) at a State Assemblyman's office over summer (over 100 hours)
- Shadowed the CEO of an Inc 500 company (500 fastest growing private companies) on his business trip to China and Korea
Also, if you guys have any suggestions on how I can improve my chances at any schools, please give me some insight on that too!
And a few more questions:
1. How much harder is it to get into Wharton than UPenn in general?
2. How much of an edge will ED give me over RD?
3. My dad makes $250,000 a year, will I get any financial packages?