Join Date: Oct 2012
Chance my friend and me for Penn!
My friend and I are both applying to Penn and we would like to be chanced please. We're both Asian males at a competitive high school, and I am applying Huntsman ED --> Wharton and he is applying LSM RD --> Wharton.
My stats: Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 2400 Super 2380 One Sitting
- ACT: Didn’t Take
- SAT II: 800 Math II, Chem, Phys
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0/4.0 UW 5.62/5.0 W
- AP (place score in parenthesis): 5 Chem, PhysB, Music Theory, Calc BC
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): USAMO qualifier, USNCO honors distinction, USAPhO semifinalist, International Business Competition Finalist, Science Bowl Top 16 Nationally
- Extracurriculars : Math Team Varsity Member (National High Scorer ARML, Mandelbrot Tier 1 Leaderboard, USAMO, 4xAIME, State A team member (Top 8 in state), PUMaC/HMMT top 4 team), Violist (Co-section leader, State honors orchestra), Science Bowl Varsity, Student Body Senator, Writing Tutor, Chem TA, National French Honor Society
- Job/Work Experience: Started small private tutoring business, paid intern at local university research
- Volunteer/Community service: Volunteer at hospital, Local University, School Theater/Musical
- Summer Activities: 300 hours into research, 200 hours into volunteering, Tutored math to middle schoolers
My language selected was French and I've taken 5 years of it, but my new school didn't offer AP. I explained this and am intending on self-studying for AP french exam this year.
My friend's stats: Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 2350 790 CR 780 M 780 W
- SAT II: 800s Math, Bio, Chem, Phys,
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0, 5.5 weighted
- AP (place score in parenthesis): 7 5's
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): USAPhO Semifinals, Honors Distinction for USNCO, USAJMO, International Business Competition Finalist, USABO Semifinalist, Research Competitions
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis):Science Bowl Team Captain (We placed top 16 in nationals last year), President of Research Club, Soccer Travel League, Varsity Tennis, Math Team (represent state at ARML)
- Job/Work Experience: Lab internship at nearby university lab
- Volunteer/Community service: Not stellar, service club, volunteered at Hospital (total 250 hours)
- Summer Activities: 300+ hours research
My friend is trying for USABO camp this year how much will that help him?
Thanks in advance and will chance back!
Last edited by ChancePenn; 10-10-2012 at 12:52 AM.