Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

University of Pennsylvania RD Class of 2021

Replies to: University of Pennsylvania RD Class of 2021

• commonapplicantcommonapplicant Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    90% of Penn applicants got an interview in the 15-16 round, so i'm sure most of us will as well.
  • rebecca12345rebecca12345 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    I just got contacted for an interview today!
  • math3maticalmath3matical Registered User Posts: 504 Member
    I got the interview email as well a couple days ago
  • Nimisha99Nimisha99 Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    I got contacted for an interview yesterday. Still didn't respond. He wants to meet me in school or outside. Do all schools have some place where we can talk? I know that my school has sent a few people to UPenn
  • londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 2,010 Senior Member
    ^ Ask your guidance counselor if there's a place at school where you can meet. Otherwise, there are always coffee shops nearby.
  • FreshuateFreshuate Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Guys, I am an international student Wth SAT 1430 and TOEFL 98. I haven't taken any subject tests but my personal essays and supplement are above average, well above average. I want you guys to be brutally honest here, is there any chance that I am getting into Upenn?
  • ZBlue17ZBlue17 Registered User Posts: 767 Member
    I submitted my application at around 11:50 on Jan 5. On the Penn portal, it says I submitted my app on Jan 6th. Anyone else have that problem??
  • ghvan99ghvan99 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    @ZBlue17 same thing shows up for me, if you're not on the east coast it would be because they process the applications in eastern time (3 hours ahead). As long as you sent in your application by 11:59pm your time zone, you made the deadline.
  • drewharrahilldrewharrahill Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    @freshuate I don't want to say nothing is impossible and that what I think as a high school student is necessarily true but I would have to say the chances aren't good unless your EC and essays are extremely exceptional. Because your an international student, I would assume the expectations are higher and your SAT is already in the bottom 25%. But I really don't think anyone should get their hopes up because of how selective UPenn is. Good luck though!
  • bwalts61bwalts61 Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    Will we have to wait all the way until April or is Penn good at getting letters out early?
  • christina123456christina123456 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I have my interview this Saturday. Should i bring my resume with me?
  • chipsharkchipshark Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Does UPenn accept December ACT scores... my scores just came in yesterday??
  • collegemomjamcollegemomjam Registered User Posts: 995 Member
    They probably will....send them asap.
  • ZBlue17ZBlue17 Registered User Posts: 767 Member
    Do you have to notify Penn that we want an interview or something? I haven't been offered one
  • math3maticalmath3matical Registered User Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 16
    I was told that an interviewer would likely contact me, but I have not been contacted so far.