Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ED Class of 2022- Discussion

Replies to: ED Class of 2022- Discussion

• CollegeCrazy28CollegeCrazy28 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it possible to get into Wharton with a lower gpa like 3.7-3.8?
  • TheElusiveGodTheElusiveGod Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Thank you! I will bear that in mind.
  • ControllaControlla Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Hello everyone
  • sydfun1418sydfun1418 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    What does C mean? like 33C? sorry haha idk what it means!

I'm just finding myself so stressed bc I'm asian and ofc asians can't get into ivies unless they're insane! I have a 34 superscored and a 33 one sitting. How should I make my app stand out against the other crazy asians??
    (applying to CAS)
  • vegucated26vegucated26 Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    I hate talking like this, but do you have "typical asian" ECs because if not, then you can definitely stand out, and as always make your essays different and stand out. Try not to write about an EC, instead make it extremely personal, reflective, thoughtful, and genuine
  • TACOBOOTACOBOO Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    @sydfun1418 C means composite. The overall ACT score.
    Applying ED to College of Arts and Sciences!!!!
    edited July 15
    @vegucated26 Hi! Thanks for your response- i do a couple 'typical asian' EC's like orchestra and I also do biological cancer research, and I volunteer at hospitals, but I also have other things like I lead GSA, i did a leadership fellowship program, and I have stage managed every theater production throughout high school. I'm struggling a little with my common app personal essay, because I feel like I'm mentioning EC's a lot and don't know what else to write about. I'm really hoping my essay makes me stand out, especially because I'm struggling with subject tests at the moment (bio and lit). I'm aiming for high 700s but i don't think i'll get that high, maybe Ill get like a 730 ):
    @sydfun1418 no problem!! and I am struggling with subject tests as well... I decided not to study for Math II and Chem (bad idea lol) and got low 700s so hopefully I can possibly get them up but who knows haha
    edited July 15
    @vegucated26 yea /: i took lit cold and got a 650, and took bio m cold and got a 710. All i want is a 750+ D: My ACT and GPA are strong, but i just reealllyyy need to get these scores up ):
    I'm retaking the ACT in Septemeber and maybe October.
  • aneeshs17aneeshs17 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    @TACOBOO I feel you, same here! I realized a day before the June ACT that I forgot to register... RIP -.- I'm trying to bump up from a 30 to 34 (I started at a 26), so I got a lot of work to do haha
  • Soccer1235Soccer1235 Registered User Posts: 492 Member
    edited July 17
    I think I want to apply to Penn but I'm not completely sure. How good is pre-med there and how hard is it to keep a good GPA?

Edit:Oh dang just noticed that this is the ED discussion...awkward. But still, does anyone know about this?
    @Soccer1235 I know a lot of people who go to Penn for pre med and love it! It is definitely a more pre professional school so there are a lot of research/shadowing opportunities and they have great sciences! In fact, I am planning on being pre med and applying to be either a bio or english major