I have posted to this forum before, but I forgot to put my GPA down.
Prospective Major: Computer Science
Ethnicity: Indian (I know, I know)
Career Aspirations: My dream job would be to work at Microsoft or Google.
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.36 W
SAT I: 1490 - retaking in August w/ essay, hoping for a 1500+
SAT II: Math II and Physics - taking in June
PSAT: 1380 (I had the flu)
AP Classes: AP World History (4), AP Computer Science (5), AP Physics 1 (?), AP English Language (?), taking AP Statistics, AP Physics C (mechanics - might self study for E&M), AP English Literature, and AP Calculus BC next year
IT / Dual Enrolled Community College Classes - Advanced Computer Math, AP Computer Science A, Computer Science AB, Database Design, Database Development, Database PL/SQL, IT Programming, Robotics I
- National Latin Exam Medalist - I have received two silver and two gold medals for taking the National Latin Exam. I am the only one from my school in its history to win the gold medal.
- PACTF (tech competition) - team was in the top 100 out of 850+ teams (majority of teams were college teams)
- VASTS Online: I took an online course provided by NASA that teaches aerospace engineering. Took a semester to complete.
- VASTS Summer Academy: I was nominated as a top student in the VASTS online course and I will be attending a one week academy at NASA headquarters. We will be working on a mock project, sending astronauts to Mars.
- Foundations of Data Science (Pt 1. and Pt 2.): I am taking an online class from edX in Data Science offered by UT Austin (about 36 hours each)
- Project Management: I am taking an online class in Project Management (about 36 hours). I wanted to do this so I could improve my project management skills since I lead several teams.
Technology EC's (Leadership in Parentheses):
- FRC Robotics: I maintain and develop for my school's FRC robotics team's website. We are really well known around the world, placing second for the most prestigious award in the world this year. We go to the world competition every year. (Lead Web Developer)
- FTC Robotics: team won judges award at qualifier
- App Development Club: I co-founded and run a club dedicated to developing applications. We have three teams working working on applications right now. We plan to host classes about the fundamental concepts of app development (Co-founder and Co-President)
- Game Studio: I co-founded and run a game development studio, whose name I cannot mention for privacy reasons. We currently have plans to release a demo for the game by the end of June (Co-Founder, Project Manager / Lead Website Developer)
- The Coding World From a Teenager's Perspective: I run a blog that tells of my experience in the programming world. If you want to see it, see (https://firstname.lastname@example.org
). I only have two posts up currently, but I plan to have four to six more before I start applying, as I have LOT to talk about.
- Tech Talk With Us: I started a newsletter. Each week, I send out a weekly update on my projects, and a list of articles
in technology that I thought were interesting. If you want to sign up, see (http://eepurl.com/cNC5Gv
) to subscribe.
- txt.exe: I am developing an android application, to be released around August 2017
- Postom: I working on developing my own programming language, interpreted to Java
- Clients: I am also working on a website for a friend of mine's app, a personal website, as well as for the game development studio I founded.
Non-Technology EC's (Leadership in Parentheses):
- JV Tennis (all four years of high school)
- Volunteering: Around 200 volunteer hours at various robotics competitions, STEM camps, and at my local library
- Quiz Bowl: I plan on starting a quiz bowl team at my school senior year. I really like the show It's Academic, and I was hoping I could gather a team from my school and compete there. I don't know if I should put this on my application, as this would look like a last minute resort to create another EC, but I genuinely do like trivia.
Do you guys think I have a good chance at these schools? What SAT I and II scores should I aim for? Is there anything I can do to improve my application? Thank you so much!!