Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Wharton ED 2017

dmudambidmudambi Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I already have a page for wharton EA, but since there is no option of an EA i am creating a new page for ED.

I will be applying to wharton early decision soon and I wanted to know what my chances are of getting in. I live in India and am currently doing the IB.

Breakdown of my scores:
ACT: 33 english, 34 math, 34 reading, 34 science , composite 34
SAT I: I didnt take it
SAT II:
Math level 2: 790
Physics: yet to receive my my score
IB: I got a 33/42 in my finals( i know its terrible!). But im sure my school will predict me a lot higher as I have done well in school previously .
Subject that took : Math HL, Physics HL , Economics HL, Business Management SL , English language and literature SL , and french ab
I am doing my extended essay in math. Does this benefit me in any way during the admission process ?

IGCSE scores( not too great):
Business: A*
Extended math: A
Additional math: A
Physics: A
Chemistry:A
English:A
Geography: B
English literature: B
Spanish: B
Biology:B

I have also taken AP calc BC but im yet to recieve my scores for that. I have self studied this.
Taking the TOEFL soon as well.

EC:
Founder of the chess club at my school. President of the club as well.
I have done grade 7 of classical guitar from LCM . Been playing for over 10 years.
I am a part of the youngest professional rock and roll band in my state. We have played at over 20 gigs and have been paid at a few occasions. We have been together for over 5 years. Even hosted a charity event where we raised over $7500 for building street lights for the underprivileged. We have been showcased on the newspaper multiple times as well.
I am part of a band that published it musics on itunes. I have played lead in 1 of their songs.
I am my school's basketball captain. We have come first in many inter school competitions. I am also part of the under 19 district team. I will be playing nationals soon.
I have attended a summer program at CTY( the john hopkins one) and studied biotechnology for 3 weeks.
I have done multiple internships as well. I have done one at EA sports ( the one that made fifa and the like) where is learnt the process in game development and the way a firm works. I have done one at HDFC housing loans and learnt about how housing loans function and its relation with the economy. I am currently doing an internship at D E shaw where i am learning about financial investments.
I am currently building a computer lab for a local school where we will install computers and projectors to help children learn.
I am my schools house captain ( like a vice president)
I have also done some minor things like coming 3rd in extempore and leading my house to 1st in inter house marching. There are a few other things as well but i dont think i should include them.

My essay: I feel it is very unique as I talk about my struggles in life and the way i have changed during high school through a chess board. I am telling my story while playing chess, comparing each position on the board to my life. I feel this ties in very well with my ec's as well.

I have very good rec letters from my teachers as well. My econ teacher loves me and im sure her letter was like a 11/10.
My math teachers rec would have also been really good as I love math and show a lot of interest in math. Her english is not too great so i think it would be a 9 or 8.
My physics teacher and I have a great connection as well. unfortunately i didnt perform too well in my finals in physics so idk how it would turn out to be. ill give it an 8 or 7
my councilor loves me. Im sure it would be a 9 or 10. Her english is sloppy though.

Im not sure about my rank as my school does not rank us, but im pretty sure i fall under the top 10%.

I honestly have no idea about my chance of getting in. I have good ec's, but my IB score is pretty low. Please let me know about what you guys think. Thanks