Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to get into UPENN

HarvardeeHarvardee Posts: 11Registered User New Member
Hello guys, my name is Won Oh from a small highschool in Washington. I really admire all the students who got accepted to penn this year with your hard works. I will be straight up... WHAT KIND OF STEPS DO I NEED TO TAKE IN ORDER TO GET INTO UPENN? I really want to live and study there with students who are as bright or brighter than I am. PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I need really good mentors.
Post edited by Harvardee on

Replies to: How to get into UPENN

• Rtgrove123Rtgrove123 Posts: 1,798Registered User Senior Member
    Haha...well getting into an Ivy really isn't some kind of mechanical process. I'll give you some guidelines, but they are highly subjunctive.

1. Follow Your PASSIONS in clubs! Thats HUGE. Try to get officer positions if possible
    2. Make sure you do well in school. Obviously, you prbly need to b in the top 10% of your class as 90+% of admits are in that range. Go for val or sal if you think you can.
    3. Nail your SAT and SAT Subject Tests! A 2200+ (heck..a 2300+) would put you in range for Wharton if thats where you will b applying. If you are going Wharton, take math 2..they love math there = D
    4. Visit and show interest! Penn is different from the other ivies in that they do track your interest. So, make sure they no its your first choice school.
  • HarvardeeHarvardee Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Okay,, so I am founder and chief editor of Newspaper Club, Vice prez of National Honor Society, Secretary of Projects in ASB, and going to make Community Service club soon. I am really interested in media (thats why i made Newspaper Club) and working for the community (community service club, and i am also part of city's youth council.) I am going to University of Washington Seattle to live there 4 weeks for free for math camp so that should be a hook since wharton likes math? and 3.99(I got A- in choir...), 2100 SAT, passionate, did competitive choir for 4 years because singing is my passion. Soccer and Tennis team captain and did alot of community service. BUT THIS IS WHAT EVERY CANDIDATE THAT GOES TO PENN IS LIKE T.T I am not sure how i can stand out
  • flyingtigerflyingtiger Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    apply for awards/scholarships; i've always found that awards are nearly impossible to get without actively seeking them; chances of winning awards this way are low, but at least higher than waiting around for someone to give you one... hope that helps