Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Ideas for less than 24 hours in Tacoma to see UPS?

2flipper22flipper2 Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2011 in University of Puget Sound
Hi. My son and I are doing a whirlwind trip up to Tacoma to see UPS. We are actually taking the train from Portland (seeing L&C first) up to Tacoma. I guess taking a taxi from train depot to hotel Murano in Tacoma. So we have the night in the city. Recommendations to wow a SoCal kid? Favorite dinner place? I think that's about all we'll have time for! Then to UPS in the am, flight home in the late afternoon. Is Tacoma a walking place? We will not have a car. Thanks!
Post edited by 2flipper2 on

Replies to: Ideas for less than 24 hours in Tacoma to see UPS?

• okeedokieokeedokie Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    The best thing you could do to wow a SoCal kid is to visit Seattle . . . I'm very serious.
  • 2flipper22flipper2 Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
    Do you think I should have stayed in Seattle? It's 30 minutes from the campus so it wouldn't be my first choice. Is there really nothing to do in Tacoma?
  • okeedokieokeedokie Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    Seattle is a MUCH more interesting and appealing city. I would recommend staying in a hotel in downtown Seattle. Tacoma has a few plusses and plenty of minusses. Most Tacoma area college students will go to Seattle for activities over the weekend.