You will be considered for UR merit scholarships as long as you either submit your admission application materials by December 15th online, postmark your admission application materials by December 15th, or if UR has already received your admission application materials by December 15th.
There is NOT a separate application. We just need your regular application materials. Once you have submitted everything or sent it out via postal mail you can call the Admission Office if you would like to ensure we have received everything.
If you are a finalist for our Richmond Scholars program, as part of the merit-based scholarships, you will be notified by the beginning of March of the admission year.
More Info on Richmond Scholars Program:
One out of every 15 incoming first-year students at the University of Richmond will receive a full-tuition, merit-based scholarship.
Through the generous Richmond Scholars program, the University awards these scholarships to 50 members of every incoming class (each consisting of approximately 750 students). Recipients have demonstrated extraordinary academic achievement, exceptional personal qualities and potential for ongoing contributions to society.
All domestic and international first-year admission applicants are eligible for consideration.
Richmond Scholars Program Benefits:
1. Full-tuition scholarship, renewable annually, valued at approximately $140,000 over four years
2. Eligibility for a one-time $3,000 grant to support a student-selected activity that enhances the academic experience
3. Priority course registration
4. Special faculty mentors to guide students and help them fulfill their potential
5. Complimentary tickets to selected cultural events in the Modlin Center for the Arts
To learn more about the Richmond Scholars program visit:
University of Richmond: Merit-Based Scholarships
Edited based on
Extract from Jeff Kent, Admissions Rep '09, Facebook Group Richmond Class of 2013