Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Richmond Scholars

gabby1116gabby1116 Posts: 498Registered User Member
edited May 2010 in University of Richmond
Anyone who was offered this scholarship, can you please list your stats?
Post edited by gabby1116 on

Replies to: Richmond Scholars

• sharonohiosharonohio Posts: 563Registered User Member
    Gabby1116, my daughter is currently attending Richmond as a science scholar. Her stats were 36 ACT and 4.0 unweighted GPA with 12 AP classes. Somehow I don't think that information is what you wanted to hear.
  • gabby1116gabby1116 Posts: 498Registered User Member
    Thank you very much, that is exactly what I wanted.
  • auntccauntcc Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    Gabby1116, my daughter is currently attending Richmond and is an Oldham scholar. She had a 2250 on her SAT and 5AP classes. She had some very unique experiences as an undergrad and what I would call "demonstrated passion." While good grades and good scores help you, I think Richmond takes a close look at the rest of the package.
    Thank you very much auntcc.
  • avantgarde20avantgarde20 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    I agree with the person that said that Richmond looks beyond stats. It really is a very holistic process, and you come to find that out during the interview process. Hope this helps you out. And best of luck in the application process! If I can provide any help, let me know =]

I'm an Oldham, by the way.

Stats:
    Class rank: 4 out of 503
    GPA: 4.0 UW; 4.583 W
    SAT I: 2300
    SAT IIs: French 700, Literature 800, US History 800
    APs, Honors, etc: Took 11 AP classes, but ended up taking 12 AP tests (AP World I decided to take on a whim since my school offered to pay for it to see if I could get credit). Took all honor courses possible.
    ACT: 32

Do you need extra-curriculars as well?
  • Tres ElefantesTres Elefantes Posts: 858Registered User Member
    So I guess I'm bumping this because I'm applying for this program. :) Any other class of 2014 people applying?
  • MPD14MPD14 Posts: 363Registered User Member
    Me, i doubt I'll get any money though, im right in the middle 50% of most of the stats, some higher, but it never hurts to try.
  • kelliebmkelliebm Posts: 455Registered User Member
    Just to provide some insight on the opposite end of the spectrum, I had a 2100 SAT, good extracurriculars, great essays (at least I was told), and only made it to the semi-finalist round for Richmond Scholars (they pick hundreds of semi-finalists, about a hundred finalists, then about eighty scholars).
    I applied for the Richmond Scholars.
  • PAVenturerPAVenturer Posts: 487Registered User Member
    Avantegarde - My D sat in on some classes and had an interview. She LOVES UR and was well prepared for a good interview. The interview was conducted by a student and lasted about 15 minutes. The interviewer asked one question. In our research and discussion with UR people it does seem that UR is looking for a lot more than stats but the interview was useless. We're keeping our fingers crossed - she applied ED and we are optimistic that she will be a Spider next year!
  • biobabebiobabe Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    I applied to Richmond for this program, but technically so did everyone else who applied before Dec 15th. Do you think I'm at a disadvantage for being an out of state applicant? And if you end up being a semi-finalist, how much money is offered, or would they just consider you for the Presidential Scholarship?
  • hbeck5686hbeck5686 Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    I applied as well. The information on this thread is pretty interesting.

biobabe- I don't know why you would be at a disadvantage as an out-of-state applicant. Richmond is a private school, not public, and it is generally a positive thing to have students from a variety of geographical areas. You should be fine.
  • kelliebmkelliebm Posts: 455Registered User Member
    Biobabe, there is no money for being a semi-finalist. Most recipients of the Presidential Scholarship are the finalists who don't make the actual final cut, and then it could overflow into the best few semi-finalists.
  • biobabebiobabe Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    ok thanks hbeck and kelliebm for clarifying that for me
  • bbbgirlbbbgirl Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter had a 3.8 unweighted at a private school with numerous AP courses and honors courses
    34 ACT
    Numerous extra-curricular including student council, team captain and 7 varsity letters, all-state band, many, many hours of volunteer work

She was not awarded any scholarships but is attending Richmond