Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Any acceptances?

meganmeganmeganmegan Posts: 10Registered User New Member
I understand that USF is a rolling admissions school. I was wondering if anyone has gotten an acceptance or notification from USF yet? If accepted, what was your GPA and SAT/ACT score? Thanks...It will help ease my mind (super worried).
Post edited by meganmegan on

Replies to: Any acceptances?

• coldharbourcoldharbour Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    If you applied RD you will find out mid-late march. IF their admissions is rolling then I would imagine that they send them out in that time frame. I didn't think that they were rolling. I made a spreadsheet of all my schools and the dates/date they are supposed to notify. USF is the most vague.
  • andreashenandreashen Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I applied RD and I got an email telling me that I'm accepted but I haven't received my admission packet yet. Also the reason that I got the email is cos I've been in contact with my admission counselor throughout the process. My SAT score is 1790 and I have no clue about my gpa cos I studied in the uk so not sure about how that works :)
  • turtlerockturtlerock Posts: 1,117Registered User Senior Member
    I also applied RD and have received the email of acceptance. I received the packet in the mail a few days later (couple weeks ago now). I too was in extensive contact with my AdRep just prior to the decision and had several phone convos and a visit to them right before as well. So I guess I was fresh on their mind.

cold is right though. USF seems very equivocal in their admission notification dates. Perhaps a call to your adrep or the admissions office will clear it up? I originally thought it was odd that I was told a decision so quickly and thought that maybe they considered my app EA somehow.

Anyone else care to shed some light?
    Wow, I might call them then. When did you guys submit your RD applications? I know I submitted my common application December 5th.
  • andreashenandreashen Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    In mid-december i think
    Calling never hurts.

I thiiiiiiiiink I submitted my app mid-December as well. It seems so hazy now, but I'm 99.92314583726% sure it was before X-mas.
  • BusymclovinBusymclovin Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I applied RD and got in, for business management. Received email acceptance, i should get the letter by mail in a few days. I am an international student. :)
  • SammyFearlessSammyFearless Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    I received an email today confirming my acceptance :)

I applied towards the end of December, with an ACT score of 28 and an unweighted GPA of 3.7. The email said that I'd receive a packet in the mail within a few weeks containing more information.
  • MikaliMikali Posts: 123Registered User Junior Member
    I applied after January 15th (the priority deadline) and got an acceptance letter today. I'm a transfer though.
    Cold, you ever end up making a call to see where your app is?
  • heartbox94heartbox94 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    yay!!!! got into USF just today! :) is anyone from the east coast?
  • newyorkmydreamsnewyorkmydreams Posts: 577Registered User Member
    Omg :( still nothing. Im losing hope! Was anyone deferred??
    They said they are sendin out decisions soon in march!!
    hey can you guys post what your stats are / what major / why you think you got in.
    that would help me a ton. thanks :) and it would help others too.
    @turtlerock not yet, I am going to call tomorrow. (Monday)
    good luck to everyone
    and congrats on getting in