Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Still waiting on my Transcripts after 4 weeks, HELP?

MystralMystral Posts: 22Registered User New Member
edited January 2012 in University of South Florida
So, back in December I went to my old High School and requested my transcripts to be sent, along with a Letter of Recommendation from my English Teacher. Majoring in English. I also requested College Board send in my Sat's, too.

Due to "some events" neither got sent until the first week of January, and now it is the 26th, almost 4 weeks later. USF still has not received either the SAT's or the HS Trans. and Letter.

I think that some colleges wait and have a date that they receive everything, is that true for USF? Otherwise i have no idea what to do. Should i call them and ask what's going on? Last time that i called i got less than a... uh, good conversation (along the lines of everything was "yup", "yeah", "nope", and the person sounded like he hated when i asked questions; sighed every time i did ask one.) , and i don't know if i should call again.

I am a transfer student, currently at a state college. They received the transcript from my current college in like 3 days, what is taking so long for the other 3 things? I applied for summer. etc.

What should i do....?
Post edited by Mystral on

Replies to: Still waiting on my Transcripts after 4 weeks, HELP?

• papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
    I'm a transfer as well. Once USF receive things they update everything quickly. I sent my transcripts electronically on the 9th of January and they showed up as received the very next day. I also sent the residency affidavit on a Monday via USPS Priority w tracking and the day after the received it the updated it on the status page.
    So I'll say that USF admissions do things pretty quickly. I would call up their admissions today and ask if they recieved everything and maybe forgot to update everything to reflect that it has been received.

Sent from my iPod touch using CC
  • MystralMystral Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Okay, thanks you for your reply!
    Calling now!
  • MystralMystral Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Turns out that they have everything, they just forgot to update my account for the past week.

Thanks for the reply though, it is very much appreciated!
  • papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
    Yeah I figured that is what it was since it usually doesn't take colleges long to receive transcripts.
    Glad it got sorted!

Sent from my iPod touch using CC