Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What is the lowest GPA to transfer to USC?

MEM4FPMEM4FP Posts: 7Registered User New Member
I know that most of future USC students have over 3.4 GPA that made it into this school. I'm curious, is or was there anyone that had lower than a 3.0 that still made it to USC? My cumulative GPA so far is a 2.60, and my GPA has been improving. I'm going to take summer school also which will also increase my GPA, but not before the acceptance letters are handed out. Can I still get into this school even though I can't make it to a 3.0 before the acceptance letters are handed out?
Post edited by MEM4FP on

Replies to: What is the lowest GPA to transfer to USC?

• GreensGreens Posts: 555Registered User Member
    On USC's website, the median GPA accepted for transfers is 3.5. So its possibly with a 3.0, but a tad unlikely..perhaps do another year and get straight A's?
    I'm going to a small 4 year for a year that has a great articulation agreement with USC and I'm expecting a 4.0, then transferring sophomore year. A 4.0 won't guarantee me into USC and I'm still spectacle about my chances getting in.
  • MEM4FPMEM4FP Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    The thing is, I'm a sophomore.
  • kmzizzlekmzizzle Posts: 1,248Registered User Senior Member
    also depends what major you are
  • EnticeEntice Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    I've heard of someone getting in with a 2.5 but showed an upward turn of improvement, strong extracurriculars, and a great story. Anything is possible, just do your best from here on out. If you don't get in, try for graduate studies. Don't give up! :)
  • nacliamsinacliamsi Posts: 95Registered User Junior Member
    i transferred with just 3.2 gpa to industrial enginering
  • spiderman445spiderman445 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Hi. So I just completed my freshman year at a university. Unfortunately I went into my freshman year with mono. Being a biology major, this hit me hard academically. My first semester I got a 3.0 and a 2.6 second semester. Do you think it is unlikely I will get into USC as a junior transfer even though I have a lot of e.c.'s and a high school gpa of a 3.9 and come back strong and healthy next semester??
  • Zelda FitzgeraldZelda Fitzgerald Posts: 1,086Registered User Senior Member
    If you do well your sophomore year and include a letter explaining your illness, I am sure the admissions committee will consider that.

I sympathize with you -- a week before I moved down to LA to begin my freshman year at USC, I was hit with mono and never really fully recovered that first semester! I had bad grades then, too, but I got a 4.0 the next semester and had good grades throughout the rest of my time there. It didn't affect my acceptance to USC for grad school, but I did still explain the reason for those weird grades to grad admissions.

You should also see if your school offers freshman forgiveness.