Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Not recieved a letter but registered for housing

darox94darox94 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
I am beyond impatient and have not recieved a letter from USC regarding my application status, even though I applied before the December 1st deadline. I went to USC's housing site and registered onto their website and got in. I used the USC number that appears on my USConnect account. Can being able to access this site, indicate the status of my application? I also called housing and they believe that you have to be admitted to USC in order to REGISTER for housing, but she was not sure. THOUGHTS?? I also recieved an email about the Norman Topping Student Aid Fund Scholarship.
Post edited by darox94 on

Replies to: Not recieved a letter but registered for housing

• alamemomalamemom Posts: 6,236Registered User Senior Member
    Are you able to register for Explore (admitted student events) via your USConnect?

Since you are feeling so upset, you should call admissions and ask about your status on Monday.
  • alamemomalamemom Posts: 6,236Registered User Senior Member
    I forgot to mention that the NTSAF email has nothing to do with acceptance - it is a suggestion that you apply to the scholarship, which a combination of a merit and need-based scholarship funded and administered entirely by the students of USC.
  • sheilachiansheilachian Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    1) I am not able to register for Explore.
    2) I applied by Dec. 1.
    3) I have not gotten anything in the mail whatsoever.

I tried what darox94 did and was also able to register on the housing website.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Posts: 8,134Registered User Senior Member
    1) I am not able to register for Explore.
    2) I applied by Dec. 1.
    3) I have not gotten anything in the mail whatsoever.

that probably means your application is still under consideration.
    Does your USConnect give you any other indication of your status? Are you able to fill in your midterm grades or is that option no longer available?
  • sheilachiansheilachian Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    My USConnect has the regular we'll-notify-you-by-April status. I still have the midyear grade box, but I've already filled it out. I am one of the students who has not yet gotten a letter telling me that I do not qualify for a Presidential or Trustee scholarship.

(Note: I did not actually start filling out the housing application, I just made an account on the housing website.)
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Posts: 8,134Registered User Senior Member
    the ability to register for housing is NO indication of your application status.
    this is from the Dean of admissions:
    "After all students have been admitted, the housing office goes through all profiles and deletes any that don’t belong to admitted students (the cross-reference ID’s, names and addresses with a list we provide to them after we’ve decided on our admits). "