Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best place to get haircut around USC?

mistakesaremademistakesaremade Posts: 28Registered User New Member
Anyone know where the nearest barber is and if there are student discounts or anything of the sort?
Post edited by mistakesaremade on

Replies to: Best place to get haircut around USC?

• KulakaiKulakai Posts: 1,683Registered User Senior Member
    I just found a barbershop on facebook that is downtown that does 25% off for trojans on tuesdays, anyone been to it?

[url=http://www.****/pages/Los-Angeles-CA/Bolt-Barbers/335231652516]Bolt Barbers | Facebook[/url]

Anyway, I am gonna be adventurous and go check it out today but I have yet to find anything close to campus that isn't extremely expensive (other than supercuts...)
  • bbggbbgg Posts: 496Registered User Member
    Supercuts on Vermont
  • bbggbbgg Posts: 496Registered User Member
    Oh sorry just read the question. They do not offer a discount but do a pretty good job.
  • josebiwasabijosebiwasabi Posts: 572Registered User Member
    if you're east asian i have a suggestion. it's not close to campus but accessible by car. the place is located in ktown and it's called kim sun young. many trendy koreans get their hair cut here.
  • KulakaiKulakai Posts: 1,683Registered User Senior Member
    The bolt barbers place was bad ass. One of the best haircut experiences I've had as a guy. If you say you found them through facebook and you show your student ID, you get 25% off your bill on Tuesdays and this free member card that gets you unlimited ice cold root beer/soda in a chilled mug, espresso, or beer(!!!) after 7pm while you get your hair cut. They also do a really nice straight edge razor shave of the hairline and end it with a back/shoulder massage. It was $16.50 for the cut after the discount fyi.

They also told me once a month they do a deal on Sundays where they do a cut, full shave, and shoe shine + cigars and whiskey tasting.
  • mistakesaremademistakesaremade Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    Holy moly Kulakai, that sounds incredible! Thanks to all the suggestions in this thread.