Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UT Austin & Frost Bank

NxtNxt Posts: 361Registered User Member
Does UT have an alliance with Frost bank because last time I cashed a check, it had Frost logo on it?

Asking this because Bank of America might put a hold on my initial financial aid check and I can't afford to wait days before its verified. If it's frost bank, I could cash it right away and deposit @ BOA.
Post edited by Nxt on

Replies to: UT Austin & Frost Bank

• spdfspdf Posts: 955Registered User Member
    No, the only official "partnership" between UT and a bank is with Bank of America. All of the ATM's on campus are BoA. Other banks (Wells Fargo, University of Texas Credit Union, etc.) have ATM's surrounding campus but not on University property.
  • NxtNxt Posts: 361Registered User Member
    Would that mean that BOA rarely puts a hold on checks issued by the University of Texas, regardless of their amount. Doubt it happens but has had happen to me before.
  • athenosathenos Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
    You should be able to get them to do it without a hold. Sometimes you have to just be adamant with the tellers. The UT student org bank is through Frost.