Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Accepted to CNS Computer Science!:)

tarchastarchas Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
Sup guys,
Story:
I don't know if you guys remember me, but I posted a lot of chance me threads haha:) I got accepted into A&M Electrical Engineering, but the cost of living is quite high.. and I live in Austin but my rank is 3/25 and my SAT Math (700) + Reading (610) = 1310, so we were really doubting acceptance from UT, and that SAT gives auto admittance into A&M.

But today I got my acceptance on the application.. surprisingly! And instead of getting into my first major choice Math.. I got into CS. Either way, Math/Programming (Java,C++) is what I am for sure best at so I'm happy.

Just goes to show that people out of the top 8% (or whatever ruling it is at the time) can get accepted!:)
Post edited by tarchas on

Replies to: Accepted to CNS Computer Science!:)

• kp217kp217 Posts: 225Registered User Junior Member
    Congratulations! but i mean, 3/25...the 'hope for getting in outside of top 8' would make us more hopeful if you were like 10th haha. but good for you
  • tarchastarchas Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    Haha.. actually. Last year there were about 20-21 students, and the third ranker didn't get into UT.. but instead got into Columbia (TOP TOP ivy) with full ride. Its weird how sometimes UT works lol.
  • eaglemom10eaglemom10 Posts: 452Registered User Member
    @tarchas: Congrats! Same thing as my S. Accepted into CS (second choice), math was first. #26/103. You're twins! Except he's not applied engineering at TAMU. He was accepted for Math.

You going to UT? S is still deciding.
    Yeah, I'm going to UT for sure. I saw your thread also, and the thing is I live in Austin, and UT which is top 10 for CS, is literally in my backyard (not really, only 10 mins away from my home). So why would I not go there :)? My parents just dont wan't me to go to A&M and be spending out of my butt for just living there :).

And again, Congrats on your son! Even with a kind of low ranking, but a good SAT, he was still accepted! Major props!:)
  • ezra11ezra11 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Congrats! I got accepted to the same major, so maybe I'll see you there lol.
    For sure! Haha. I already paid the $200 fee. Looks like I'm in:)
  • redhotsrockredhotsrock Posts: 203Registered User Junior Member
    congratulations man, I knew you would get in. Hope to see you there!
    Thanks redhots. Hopefully and congratz on your acceptance again!:)