Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Summer course load?

rp1242rp1242 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
Is two classes in a one month summer period too much? It's just intro psychology and gov II, but it seems to me like two classes in one month is equivalent to 8 classes in a 4 month period which is tantamount to taking 24 credit hours.

Do most people just take one class in the short summer terms?
Post edited by rp1242 on

Replies to: Summer course load?

• sasha2014sasha2014 Posts: 560Registered User Member
    No, no, two is enough, three is pushing it!
    I took Psych last summer, with an intro to theater class as well and it wasn't bad at all. Gov compared to theater will be more work probably but nah, it should be fine!
    The chapters for psych are long so its just sort of a heavy reading, but it's definitely do-able.

6hrs is full time also, if you're looking for financial aid etc.!
  • kaygar09kaygar09 Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    If you're staying the whole summer in Austin, I'd try splitting it into 1 class each summer session
  • babycakinbabycakin Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    ^ I agree with that
  • sasha2014sasha2014 Posts: 560Registered User Member
    But it's nice to take one month off, that's what I'm doing/working at my job.
    Sanity, me needs it. lol
  • babycakinbabycakin Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    tru dat Sasha =D
  • rp1242rp1242 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    @kaygar09: Would that still be considered full time? That sounds like it might be a better plan since I need as many A's as I can get.