Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Elective killing my GPA this semester

WoswillWoswill Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
So 1st six weeks I get a 88 in this elective. 2nd six weeks i get an 86. Just got my progress report i have a 78!!

The class is ridiculous, we do absolutely no paper work (ie worksheets,quizzes,tests etc) so I dont know what the hell he's grading me on

Our GPA system is weird also, its graded on a 6 point scale but you can't achieve a 6.00 since some classes aren't even AP or Honors. A "B" for my semester grade will kill my GPA since it's 4 points

Sad part, its such close decimals for me making 13th ranking or being out top 10% by 1 person that this class is either going to make it break the top 10%
Post edited by Woswill on

Replies to: Elective killing my GPA this semester

• thelonerangertheloneranger Posts: 1,624Registered User Senior Member
    If you are in the top ten percent right now, then you should submit the application ASAP so that class doesn't get sent on your transcript to UT.

If you apply when you are in the top ten, you will be accepted. So get a transcript sent before the final first semester grades come out.

Otherwise you'll need high SATs, good essays, and good ECs.