Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

11th grade GPA for U.S. applicants

neonblue327neonblue327 Posts: 217Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2008 in University of Toronto
Hi,
i just finished 11th grade in a very rigorous U.S. high school and planning to apply to U of T B.COM

I'm just wondering about the importance of 12th grade GPA. As it is for the universities in U.S., 11th grade GPA is considered the most important. But i heard U of T weighs most on 12th grade GPA? Well, i'm taking 5 APs next year and i'm thinking about dropping one if that is the case.

Here are my stats 3.88 uw 4.67 w
SAT math ii: 760 Chinese: 800 Chemistry:700 =[
CR 680 math 690 writing 670 (taking 2nd time in oct!!!)
AP GOV, AP LANG, AP CHEM, AP WORLD, AP CALC as of 11th grade

thank you for all your inputs!!
Post edited by neonblue327 on

Replies to: 11th grade GPA for U.S. applicants

• ivyleaguerivyleaguer Posts: 461Registered User Member
    U of T will weight grade 12 GPA most. You should be OK with your stats. make sure you do froshweek. it's fun and you'll meet all the friends you can muster in that first week.

best,
  • flyguy_flyguy_ Posts: 90Registered User Junior Member
    hey i recently got into the exact same program ur talkin bout. i had 3.8 weighted (senior year only), cr 550, m 650, w 580... math IIC 590, french 530... so yeah not very good but i somehow got in. but then again my school is known to send alot of students to UofT. anyway good luck!