Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

echols scholar

DoinSchoolDoinSchool Posts: 738Registered User Member
edited December 2010 in University of Virginia
ever since I found about the echols scholar program (no required credits!!) i really really want to go to UVA a lot more than before (if I can be an echols scholar). is there any special application process at all, or does the adcom decide based on the application?
Post edited by DoinSchool on

Replies to: echols scholar

• Dean JDean J Posts: 3,842College Rep Senior Member
    Nope. You can read about the process on the UVa website and on the admission blog (just do a search). If you aren't offered Echols as an incoming first year, you can apply into it during the first semester.
  • cavalier302cavalier302 Posts: 4,343Registered User Senior Member
    There's no special application - the office of admissions invites people to join based on their application materials. If you're competitive for top 10 universities, you'll be competitive for the Echols program. I was an Echols scholar and entered UVa with the intention of *not* meeting the distribution requirements in some areas, but apparently I did meet them by the time I graduated. They're pretty easy to hit even if you're not trying.