Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Jefferson Scholars

mainlamainla Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited February 2012 in University of Virginia
If my high school nominated me for the Jefferson Scholarship, does that help me in the general admissions process? The chances of my actually getting the scholarship are slim, because the kids seem so crazy good, so I'm just wondering if the nomination itself carries any weight with the admissions office. I'm out of state.
Post edited by mainla on

Replies to: Jefferson Scholars

• Dean JDean J Posts: 3,782College Rep Senior Member
    If you tell us that you were nominated somewhere on your application, it could help. It won't make or break your application, of course.
  • brit8910brit8910 Posts: 183Registered User Junior Member
    I was nominated as well, and I sent the admissions office an email informing them of my nomination. They said they could foward it to my file. If you have already sent your app you can do it that way if you need to:)
  • TangentQueenTangentQueen Posts: 212Registered User Junior Member
    brit8910, what was the e-mail address you used? I sent my application, but I didn't indicate it anywhere that I was nominated for it.
  • kiwi24kiwi24 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Has anyone received notification if they have moved on to the second round or not? I have no idea what the dates are for finding out, and I'm curious if anyone else knows...
    brit8910, what was the e-mail address you used? I sent my application, but I didn't indicate it anywhere that I was nominated for it.
    The email address is in the application instructions. Right at the top.

Be sure to read the application instructions...
    its the undergrad admissions office email address right? and i think we are notified mid january
  • kew091792kew091792 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    I got an email today saying that my regional interview is January 8th
    kew091792, do you live in-state?
  • kiwi24kiwi24 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Does anyone know when people were notified last year? And do they notify you even if you don't receive a regional interview?
    You can search for "decision" on the blog and see what happened in past years.

We usually notify right around April 1st, which is our target date.
  • woosahwoosah Posts: 502Registered User Member
    For Jefferson Interviews: Students are notified between the end of December to the beginning of January for interviews, if your region does a round one. These interviews are held in early to mid-January. The next round of interviews are a week to two weeks after that time frame. Again, this all depends on your region. I believe they do vary a bit so do not worry if you have not been contacted as of yet. Your school counseling office will know more specifics as they pertain to your school and the local Jefferson committee. You should ask them to give you an idea of a time line for you. Also, please be sure to always check your junk email at this time. Not only for the Jefferson but some of you may also be receiving emails for interviews with reps with some of the Ivy leagues.
  • kew091792kew091792 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    TangentQueen - no, I live in Texas
    Alright. I have my interview this Friday on January 7th.
    should we inform admissions that we made it into the first round? like keep them updated? idk if that will help at all but i would assume it cant hurt?
  • woosahwoosah Posts: 502Registered User Member
    No. It only matters if you A. Are nominated and B. Are a Jefferson Scholar.

How many rounds you make it through is inconsequential to them.