Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UVA Dance Team

musekouklamusekoukla Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited March 2013 in University of Virginia
I was just wondering roughly how many people on average try out for the UVA dance team each year. Is it really tough to make it? Are your chances any better after first year? Thanks for your help!
Post edited by musekoukla on

Replies to: UVA Dance Team

• jc40jc40 Posts: 1,559Registered User Senior Member
    Do you have experience? If so, I'd encourage you to try out and see what happens. You might want to contact the coach or go to the website and see what the pre-reqs are first. For example, I know there are tumbling requirements to be eligible for the cheer team. The cheer and dance teams are great athletic/social organizations that really help with that first year transition.
  • musekouklamusekoukla Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I do have experience, although it has been four years since I have taken jazz, three since ballet and two since modern. I have been taking some dance classes on the side and I exercise regularly, otherwise. I figured that it would help with the first-year transition, too! Thank you so much for your suggestions and encouragement!
  • musekouklamusekoukla Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Keep the suggestions coming!