Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

peer-to-peer sharing

iloveuwiloveuw Posts: 130Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2010 in University of Washington
or copyright infringement issue showed up on the main page of MyUW and i'm kind of getting worried that i might not be able to use my laptop.
i don't have any p2p softwares, ie: limewire, to download music, HOWEVER, i do download my music through 4shared. i think this is a p2p too, but it's not a software it's a website. can UW track all this stuff? i have the downloaded music in my itunes and those music will show up on my computer....ahhh i don't know...anyone have any idea about this and have experience about it? what should i do to prevent getting a warning or getting blocked?
Post edited by iloveuw on

Replies to: peer-to-peer sharing

• just4ivaylojust4ivaylo Posts: 384Registered User Member
    You should just go use a public wi-fi spot. I imagine everything (if not almost everything) can be seen by the UW network administrators. There's nothing private about the internet, especially at public places like universities and libraries.