Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Will bad SAT II score hurt my chances?

solstice21solstice21 Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2010 in University of Washington
Okay, so I know UW doesn't require SAT II scores, but while I was sending my scores to the other colleges before I took my test, I couldn't uncheck the option of sending my SAT scores to UW for some reason because I hadn't taken the test yet, but I wanted to send the scores as soon as the results came out.

Either way, I ended up having to send my SAT II scores to UW even though UW doesn't need it.

But the results came out, and I found that two of my three scores are really bad. Literature 610 (55 percentile) and history 600 (45 percentile). Although Math II I got an 800 on... And I know 600s isn't really bad for UW in-state, but I think the standard is a little different for subject tests...

So now I'm wondering if these two bad scores will hurt me. My SAT I score was good with 2220, but I feel like the two bad scores in the subject tests give this impression that the IB english and history classes I took weren't as difficult as they seem to be. But that's not true. I don't know why, I just messed up really badly on those two tests.

So... My question is whether or not those two scores will affect my chances, and if they will, how much?
Post edited by solstice21 on

Replies to: Will bad SAT II score hurt my chances?