Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How does this look for ecs for OOS?

UDUBHUSKIESUDUBHUSKIES Posts: 751Registered User Member
edited February 2012 in University of Washington
Destination Imagination (lettered 3 times, did 7 years, competed in the state finals 5/7 times)
Concordia Language Villages (6 years, went for credit once, even though my school didn't award credit; got an A-)
Track and Field (6 years, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th; lettered once, maybe a 2nd for participation in the program)
Developed my own youth program at the UU church on environmental awareness (11th/12th grade)
Piano (8-9 years; performed at nursing homes)
Also, I lettered in academics. I have worked for my neighbors and the like, but have not held a formal job. I will be doing community service by making meals for people with chronic illness. Also, does OOS play a factor?
Post edited by UDUBHUSKIES on

Replies to: How does this look for ecs for OOS?

• speedsolverspeedsolver Posts: 1,859Registered User Senior Member
    Looks good. Be sure to write a very thorough explanation on what you got out of all of these activities, not just saying what your roles were.

You get to talk about 5 activities, so DI/CLV/Track/Church program/Piano look solid.

BTW ... what does lettering in academics mean? (New term to me XD)

OOS plays a factor, yeah. We're looking for out of state moneys, heh.
  • UDUBHUSKIESUDUBHUSKIES Posts: 751Registered User Member
    basically if you attain a certain gpa (in our school, 3.667), you get a letter (as in track and di)
    the sad part. though, is that you could take 3 gym classes and letter. so it's not really that big of an achievement.
  • daboberdabober Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    By "letter" I thought you meant "letter of rec" :P

Looks solid to me too!
  • XaviFMXaviFM Posts: 952Registered User Member
    UW doesn't take LORs for UG.
    what are LORS and UG? Is LORs letters of reccomendation? what about UG?
  • XaviFMXaviFM Posts: 952Registered User Member
    Letters of Recommendation and Undergraduate