Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Vanderbilt RD MOSAIC Acceptances

programmer1812programmer1812 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2013 in Vanderbilt University
I haven't heard much about people getting in through this program. Did anyone else get this letter yesterday?
Post edited by programmer1812 on

Replies to: Vanderbilt RD MOSAIC Acceptances

• Jambajo12Jambajo12 Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    It isn't necessarily that you get in through this program. This program may let RD applicants know before the April notification date, as they invite you to attend the multicultural day in March. If you received a letter congratulations. Not everyone is invited, and if you do not get invited you still may be one of the lucky ones who get an admittance letter in April. Did you get an invite?
  • UrstrulyUrstruly Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    Just got an invitation today and I'm so excited!!! Is it a likely letter? It seems a bit more assuring than a likely letter because it begins with "Congratulations! You have been admitted to the freshman class entering Vanderbilt University in the fall of 2013."
  • Jambajo12Jambajo12 Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    Urstruly. You are in. Congrats.
  • kristikucakristikuca Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    my daughter got the letter today. woohoo! excitement in our house today! i'll be following this thread :)
  • UrstrulyUrstruly Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks Jambajo!
  • nufininmynoginnufininmynogin Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    I got one today! Does anyone else have experience with the weekend/know what the purpose is?
  • programmer1812programmer1812 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    @Jambajo12 Yes I did get the invite. Sounds pretty cool. @nufinin it seems that the purpose is to both increase the diversity of Vanderbilt and to reach out to students quickly who might otherwise attend another university. People who get into Vanderbilt have a powerful likelihood of getting into another top university, so Vanderbilt has its admit weekend 1 month before most other schools to attempt to have these students decide upon Vanderbilt over another university.
  • nufininmynoginnufininmynogin Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Does it have any bearing on merit scholarships (CV, Ingram, etc.)?

Sorry for all my questions. I just knew nothing about this program until today.
  • programmer1812programmer1812 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    It does not. It's just a regular acceptance but slightly earlier so that MOSAIC weekend can be early.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CC
  • MuffinMan17MuffinMan17 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    I just got the letter! I'm so excited! I was expecting rejection :D
  • adotdoeadotdoe Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Got mine today!!
  • Mom2twinsMom2twins Posts: 188Registered User Junior Member
    Twin Ds received letters today. Very nice surprise! Will likely attend the weekend and hope for good news from CV scholarship. Great idea to get these kids on campus before regular decisions come from other schools.
  • PhilovitistPhilovitist Posts: 2,737Registered User Senior Member
    I've been accepted into a college. It feels so great to be wanted.
  • CollegeHopeful07CollegeHopeful07 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    If I didn't receive one today is there any chance I'll get one tomorrow? Pretty disappointed right now, I really like Vandy
  • PhilovitistPhilovitist Posts: 2,737Registered User Senior Member
    When this thread popped up, I was a little depressed that I hadn't been invited yet, but it's made very clear that not being processed through MOSAIC doesn't mean you're getting rejected.

I'm not sure how they decide who to invite for these things, but I bet it includes a lot more arbitrary factors than those they use for admission. It sucks that you have to wait a little longer for a decision, but you didn't expect one yet in the first place.

Just relax.