Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Vassar decisions

collegegrl33collegegrl33 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited March 2008 in Vassar College
When are rds coming out? Is it only by snail mail? Also- is it apparent if you get in by envelope type? If someone responds it'd be great, thank you! :-)
Post edited by collegegrl33 on

Replies to: Vassar decisions

• dc89dc89 Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    Last year: late March/early April, only snail mail for US residents (possibly email for internationals, but I'm not sure), and yes -- big envelope! And my friends who got rejected got their letters before me (and my other friend who got in)... which was nervewracking, not to mention awkward.
  • collegegrl33collegegrl33 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Thank you so much for your response! Do you like Vassar??
  • anh1vodoianh1vodoi Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    Does Vassar accept many ED deferrals? Cuz I'm one, and Colgate turned me down, so I'm thinking maybe Vassar was just stringing me along till March.
  • anh1vodoianh1vodoi Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    Oh, btw, I'm Vietnamese, got 2190 SAT first time, good ECs, but with very ordinary GPA and my friends say my Personal Statement is too abstract, not clearly personality-revealing and therefore risky. (Sorry to turn this into what looks like a chance thread :-s) . I'm thinking of sending an organized resume as additional material (little changes, two more activities, but still). Should I?
  • Karishma29Karishma29 Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    You want to send that in now? for a march decision, given that it is already March I think it's a little late.

That said, you may just want to send it or you'll always wonder whether it would have made difference IF, if you don't get in. Also, why don't you call the admissions office and get their take on it?
  • dc89dc89 Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    collegegrl33, yes, I do like Vassar. It's taken some getting used to for me, and I had a pretty messy first semester, but I don't want to be anywhere else. It's a unique place and it's not for everyone but it's vibrant, to say the least.

I don't know about ED deferrals - I have one friend who got in as one, but he's also, like, the ultimate legacy. It seems like everyone else was either RD (like me) or first-time ED... but I haven't talked about admissions with a ton of people. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • BigBrett44BigBrett44 Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    hi i just got accepted ed. im really excited about going there. if anybody else got in or just wants to tell me about their experience let me know.
  • collegegrl33collegegrl33 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    You got accepted already? I really want to hear back!
    yea well i went early im got recruited for soccer have you been out or seen the campus?
  • Applicant89Applicant89 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    Congrats BigBrett44!!! How come you just heard your ed decision now (I am guessing by ed you meant early decision)? Did you get your acceptance today?
    i just found out about the website lol. i got my acceptance February 1st. My buddy showed me this website yesterday.
  • Karishma29Karishma29 Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    wow imagine just discovering that you've been accepted to a school, just like that! haha, and not just any old school but Vassar! must have been a great feeling! BigBrett44, did you think you had been rejected till you checked it or something?
  • momof3sonsmomof3sons Posts: 4,849Registered User Senior Member
    guys, BigBrett means that he just found out about THIS website recently. He recieved his ED2 acceptance on 2/1. :)
    yes thank you. i just found out about the website. Yes im excited about Vassar. Im going the 26th for an overnight and a class. looking forward to it.
  • Charlotte08Charlotte08 Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    are decisions mailed? emailed? or wat?