Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances of getting into Villanova?

cc13783cc13783 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited April 2012 in Villanova University
I am a sophomore and I have a GPA of approximately 3.4 (I know it's not great...) I go to the best public high school in my state, so it is ridiculously competitive.
I have taken the SATs and ACTs twice or so and I have done okay... I am aiming in the end to get around a 1800 on my SATS and a 30 on my ACT.

For extra curricular...
9 years total (when I graduate) of a professional state choir (we have performed at Carnegie Hall four times and have taken tours to places such as Ireland, Poland, Prague, Germany and more)

5 years total (when I graduate) - involved in my church, 4 out of which I have been on the leadership team. I have done fundraisers there and a bunch of other trips.

I am also involved in the Music club at my school (which I am the VP for), the drama club, art history club, Kids4Kids club.

I will have been in 7/8 of all of my Middle/High school's musicals.

And a couple more things I just can't think of right now...

It would also help if you could come up with a few other schools I should look at? I am thinking of Hobart, Elon, Providence, Catholic, Clemson and others.......
Post edited by cc13783 on

Replies to: Chances of getting into Villanova?

• joe125joe125 Posts: 158Registered User Junior Member
    What do you want to study?
  • cc13783cc13783 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    English, most likely
    In terms of ECs, I think you are doing a great job. Academics are a little on the weak side though. I think you would end up getting in Regular Decision, though I would suggest applying early just to show interest.

I think you should also know that Nova's music program is not very strong. There are opportunities there, but without music majors, the program is a little weak. They are trying to improve it though and the choirs, in my opinion, are probably the strongest area of it. I just figured you might want to take that into consideration if music might affect your decision on colleges. Villanova is a great school and I absolutely love it here, but at the same time, I can see musicians missing out on those opportunities.
    to be honest, I do not even really want to do that much music! I would just want to focus on my classes.
    Ok, I just wanted to make sure you realized that. The music stuff is mostly all in the evenings so it wouldn't be a problem doing both. I just know that it doesn't live up to everyone's expectations of a college music program.
    what other schools would you recommend I visit?
  • rpparentrpparent Posts: 4User Awaiting Email Confirmation New Member
    What are chances of getting in villanova this fall if waitlisted for fall 2012? My son is so disappointed
    cc13783 - I am not exactly sure. I'm assuming you want to be somewhere on the east coast and I don't really know the schools around here. I could give you some schools in the midwest if you wanted?

rpparent - I am not sure about waitlisted stats.