Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Virginia Tech dorms

coolblue93coolblue93 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
edited April 2012 in Virginia Tech
Hey all,
What dorms do freshmen usually get?
I know we don't get the new ones, and I also know that we don't get any AC .
So which ones in particular do freshmen get? Example Lee, or Slush Tower.

Are there Any dorm pictures other than the ones posted on their websites

Oh and are all the dorms bunk beds?? Or are they stackable bunk beds?
Post edited by coolblue93 on

Replies to: Virginia Tech dorms

• soon2bvtmomsoon2bvtmom Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    I can't answer to which dorms freshmen get usually however I can tell you at orientation last July they said Lee Hall now had bunkable beds provided by VT housing. When my son moved in, there was only 1 bed which had the loft kit however an RA brought the kit by later on & then we assembled it (not too hard).
  • ahlee123ahlee123 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    Lee, O'Saughnessy, Johnson, Pritchard, Miles, and Slusher are some of the most common freshman dorms, and are all located relatively near to one another, and they are all pretty similar (hall style, common bathrooms, etc.)

To my knowledge, you get to choose whether you want a bunk bed, lofted bed, or just separate beds when you get there. I think that all of the beds can be converted to whichever style you want to have.

Hope this helps, and I'm excited to be a Hokie next year as well! Class of 2016:)
  • darknight81darknight81 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    Each room has a loft kit for 2 beds, most people loft for maximum space. Other all freshman dorms include Newman, East & West Eggleston, East & Main Campbell, Vawter, and Barringer. Residence Halls List | Housing & Residence Life | DSA | Virginia Tech
  • coolblue93coolblue93 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Ahhh thank you all so much! :)
    I really appreciate it
  • ChrisTKDChrisTKD Posts: 855Registered User Member
    I was told that Lee Hall is now almost exclusively reserved for the major living learning communities, e.g., Hypatia, Curie, Galileo etc.
  • BennnieBennnie Posts: 299Registered User Junior Member
    That's right about Lee - Hypatia and Galileo for sure will be there.