Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Sell me on Virginia Tech

2»

Replies to: Sell me on Virginia Tech

• bsangsbsangs Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    @londondad - OK, fine, you win. Michigan is his No. 1. But as a huge Notre Dame fan - and subway alumni - for my entire life, that just pains me to say. :)
  • londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    Thanks. UM is a great school so that makes sense.
  • sevmomsevmom Registered User Posts: 7,089 Senior Member
    @bsangs, Good luck with Michigan and your decision. Since you don't appear to be instate for our Virginia schools (as the OP is), your issues are different. If I had to pay more for Michigan OOS, for example, over UVa, W & M, or Virginia Tech instate, I doubt I would do it (unless I was very wealthy and my kid really did not like any of these instate schools, or my child got money from Michigan to bring down the cost, ).
  • bsangsbsangs Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    @sevmom - Hey, I'm just glad you all have such great public institutions of higher learning in your states. It's slim pickings in NJ. And thanks for the good wishes. I just want it to be over. Though the second my son is done, we jump right back into the pool with my daughter, who's looking at very different schools (smaller, liberal arts) than our boy.
  • momofkinsandbeanmomofkinsandbean Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @comtech, did your student get in?? Our rising senior currently looking at VaTech Physics, just wondering if yours got in.
2»